It's been two years since we updated the blog!? Oops!
So what exactly have we been up to?
1. We have officially reached the 1000 donated chemo caps milestone! We've made and donated 1187 chemo caps since November 2011. One thousand and twenty-nine of those have gone directly to Credit Valley Hospital, while the remaining hats have been sent out to friends, family members and strangers who have made special requests for those undergoing cancer treatment.
2. We've made and donated 661 infant loss items to Credit Valley Hospital's Perinatal Bereavement Program, including knitted and crocheted hats, blankets, and buntings, as well as gowns and buntings made from donated wedding dresses.
3. We have been overwhelmed by the generosity of several women who have donated their wedding gowns to us. Elizabeth Tait, Rosalind Skugor, Michalynn Long, Lisa Hervatin, Jada Twist, Luisa Brown, Jennifer Last, Mellissa Cellitti, Ellen Wilson and Leanne MacDonald have all passed along their beautiful gowns to us, and Hats Off to Liz member Gaile Merritt-Murrell purchased three gowns at a clearance sale and sent them our way.
4. We started tweeting! You can find us on Twitter by doing a search for Hats Off to Liz. We are @Hatsliz - come follow us!
5. We still like to take pictures...
Dedicate some of your life to others. Your dedication will not be a sacrifice. It will be an exhilarating experience because it is an intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.
~ Dr Thomas Dooley